The Association of Science and Technology Centers (ASTC)
As a Member of the merged museum, you will receive free or reduced admission to more than 300 science centers worldwide via the “Passport” program!
Click here to see the list of participating museums.
A few notes about reciprocal admission:
- Admission is based on the admittance policies of the participating museums.
- Only general admission to participating museums is included. This may not include special exhibits, planetarium shows, large-screen theater presentations, simulator rides, store discounts, or other discounts associated with museum membership.
- Science centers and museums located within 90 miles of each other (“as the crow flies”) are excluded from the ASTC program unless that exclusion is lifted by mutual agreement. Our Members do receive free admission to the following North Carolina museums located within 90 miles of SciWorks, and their Members receive free admission to SciWorks:
- Catawba Science Center (Hickory)
- Morehead Planetarium (Chapel Hill)
- Museum of Life and Science (Durham)
- NC Transportation Museum (Spencer)
- Schiele Museum of Natural History (Gastonia)
- ASTC Exclusions:
- Our Members receive 50% off admission to the Greensboro Science Center, and GSC members receive 50% off admission to SciWorks and the Children’s Museum.
- Our Members do not receive discounts or free admission for Discovery Place in Charlotte, and Discovery Place Members do not receive discounts or free admission to SciWorks or the Children’s Museum.