Thank you for your interest in volunteering at SciWorks! As a volunteer, you can help in a variety of positions, depending on your personal interest and/or the needs of our center. We have a variety of volunteer opportunities, both indoor and outdoor, that interact with the public or behind-the-scenes.
- Museum: Teach visitors about the interactive exhibits, give planetarium sky tours, conduct science demonstrations, and/or assist with school programs.
- BioWorks: Assist with the maintenance of program/exhibit animals by cleaning habitats, feeding animals, and providing enrichment.
- Environmental Park: Maintain the park and barnyard area by feeding animals and cleaning stalls, and/or providing interpretive information to the public.
- Garden: Maintain the herb, butterfly, hummingbird, and native wildflower gardens.
- Special Events: Help with various special events throughout the year by preparing activities, crafts, and/or help with set-up/clean-up.
- SciCamp: Assist teachers with summer camp activities, prepare activities, crafts, help with set-up/clean-up, and supervision of campers.
- Office: Provide staff support with bulk mailings, distribution of flyers, and general office help.
- Discounts in the Museum Store
- Volunteer appreciation events
- Membership benefits for those whom meet the minimum required hours
Mail your application to:
400 West Hanes Mill Road
Winston-Salem, NC 27105
For more information, contact: